Skip to main content

Graduation

Phew! So after several breakdowns, existential crises and a bunch of "no I can't do this anymore" I've finally done it! I'm graduated now. Most of you who know me might be wondering why it's such a big deal for me.

Well, the most cliche answer is that I never thought I'd come this far. No, for real, I am currently the highest educated person in my family along with my mom and dad. There are a few other members who also have graduated I think, but no one has gone beyond that. Well, my dad has a master's degree in chemistry so I'm yet to overtake him. I'm sure we'll get there too, just wait and watch!


Okay, so this blog is a documentation about all the good and bad times (I'll try to keep the bad tone to minimum) I've had while completing my bachelor's. So let's go! Hope you enjoy reading.

The First Step: Hostel Life

Given that I never lived anywhere but my home, I was heck scared to move out. A little bit excited too, but the percentage of "scared" was much, much higher. I kept wondering how I am going to adjust with three other roommates, what if I have no friends, WHAT IF I FAIL TO SOCIALIZE!! But amidst all this, I kind of forgot that socializing is something I'm good at. I realised it after I reached my campus and making friends was easy. 

Well, not quite enough but I'm gonna cut all the complaining and keep it positive. Sure, there were a few fights and a lot of arguments in general (not my fault, people can be very b*tchy sometimes). But I still came out with the best bunch on homies I can ever imagine. And I'm planning to keep them for a long time (until their marriages atleast because I need good food in my life). 

Academics: The Ultimate F**k Up

This is where I lose my senses and my will to live. God, I hate chemistry so much and that was one of the major subjects they handed me while admission. Like bro, atleast give me a choice or a warning! I was so annoyed because chemistry and me, we have a really bad history together. I *whispers* failed that subject once! 

Anyway, the teachers were good so this subject was bearable. My other two subjects were just biology so they were easy peasy. But yeah, I still did badly in my first semester because I'm Ayushi, I'm lazy. Didn't fail anything though, haha. And then, covid happened and everything shifted to online. So I got a chance to redeem myself (basically cheating) and got good grades. I did work hard with my assignments and practical vivas.

Friends And The Sky Made Everything Bearable!

Well, our campus is one of most beautiful places I've seen. And my friends are the most beautiful people I've met. So everything sort of was beautiful automatically. I like clicking the sky every now and then. Especially pictures of the moon so that was very convenient when I was in campus. The evening walks and the conversations I've had with my people, everything was perfect. No complaining there at all! Here is a glimpse of the sky for you.

Pretty isn't it? So yeah, at the end of everything, it was all fun and games even though it quite wasn't. Most importantly, I survived when I thought I wouldn't. And now here I am trying to go further into the black hole of another academic bullshit because I need to get a job. Sounds very fun, yeah. But one thing I know for sure is that I'll survive this one too and won't be alone. 

With that, I end this rant. But I'll be back again because currently I've nothing else to do (except studying for my entrance exams, ugh!)

P.S.: Also, I started this blog on 14th May, 2021. That means I have successfully maintained this for a year now. That's also a major achievement for me, lesssgooo!

Comments

  1. Beautifully written, very well described

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twist turns in all these years. I'll always cherish the memories I have with friends especially YOU ๐Ÿซ‚ and will remember that mehnat untill my last breath๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Thank you for making it so fun ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿคฒ

      Delete
  3. I am so proud congratulations ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿซ‚

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all know how many difficulties we faced but we finally we are graduatesss now. Nd thats the best part.I will never forget those moments They 'll always remain in my heart rent free.๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here broski!! Will miss everything, even the not-so-good moments ❤️❤️

      Delete
  5. This is so beautiful! Absolutely loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I m gonna start my UG too reading this felt good and made me aware what i might be facing too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayeee all the best for your journey ❤️❤️

      Delete
  7. Heyyy queen๐ŸŽ“๐Ÿพ absolutely love your journey story, it's inspiring and relatable ๐Ÿ’ž I am so proud of you!! You'll ace the entrance and get an admission in some cool college (preferably in Pune) very soon! So excited for the next phase of your life๐Ÿ˜ญ PS belated happy birthday to your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu my very personal cheerleader ilyyy❤️❤️❤️ I really hope to come to Pune and meet you and crash at your place and then we can f*ck up our academics together lmaooo๐Ÿ˜ญ
      P.S.: my blog says thanks to you❤️❤️

      Delete
  8. Also thank you for your service (ref: the sky pics☀️๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ˜ฉ)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll always miss your hostel days... I sometimes want to go back in the time to live everything again...Best wishes for your journey ahead.. make us even prouder..๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikrrr hostel days are the best! Thank you for reading bhaiyya, Hoping to always make you proud ๐Ÿฅบ❤️

      Delete
  10. Just wait and watch many more miles to go ahead with these beautiful memories and a lot to create too ๐Ÿ˜˜loved to be a part of this beautiful journey ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for making it so special roomie ๐Ÿ˜™❤️

      Delete
  11. You did it ❤I am so proud and happy for you ❤ Miles to go bud. Love you and miss you❤❤❤ (Suchi)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so muchhh Suchi, ilysm ❤️ and miss you too, hope we meet soon!

      Delete
  12. It's so beautiful how you penned it down...The way u created an imagery of how ur life changed how u coped up with that ...it's beautiful❣️๐Ÿฅฐ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful ❤️ All the best for your future academics and Congrats ๐ŸŽ‰ for your achievement Keep Writing ✍️ girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading ๐Ÿฅบ❤️

      Delete
  14. Beautifully written...my girl❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Being an Artist

What is a world without art? On today's episode of  "Rantings of a Wannabe" we talk about this question and explore what it means. Can you imagine a world where there is no art? Well, I can't because I'm an artist myself. Plus, some great person said, "Earth without art is just eh!" and that, ladies and gentlemen is probably the greatest statement ever said. STRUGGLES OF AN ARTIST: Being an artist is very difficult. Why? Because of the inner conflicts, mostly. First of all, picking up that pen or paintbrush is super difficult. You just can't schedule the process. You need to have a motivation to start working. And finding the correct motivation as we grow up becomes super difficult. Mostly because of our busy lifestyles, assignments, college and above all, laziness. I haven't painted anything since three months, I guess. I'm the queen of procrastination land, you know. Another problem that most of us face is the imposter syndrome. Wh

Leaving The Baggage Behind

Well, Hi there! Guess it was about time to write something about myself again. Since the last blog, I have just been caught up with life so much that I have only created a long list of unfinished blogs. So, I have decided to write a recap of the whole year in this one. (Yes, that sounds like a good excuse for your laziness, keep it up Ayushi!) Anyway, *sighs* what a rollercoaster of a year it has been. I started off as someone who was just hoping for the year to be good. But now that I am standing on the very edge of 2022, I think the year was more than good. After 2019, I think this is the best year I've had so far. And most importantly, this year, I had been in a better place physically as well as mentally (I think).  So, welcome to another rant blog where I go off about how my year has been. And sorry for such lame subheadings; I couldn't think of anything, lol. Oh, and fair warning, it's a long rant :) Bad Start But Good In The Middle So starting off, when a